Year 1 – Curriculum (Teacher Mr Bradley)
Welcome to Year 1.
I’m Mr. Bradley and I’m the teacher in Year 1. Having already met most of you, Mrs. Lawrence and myself can’t wait to see you in September and hear about your adventures over the summer holidays.
As well as our maths and literacy work, throughout the year we have some great themes to delve into, some of these being ‘People that help us’, ‘Building a home’ and ‘Under and Over the Sea’. Within our ‘Changes’ theme we’ll be looking at the Seasons and the changes they bring, as well as comparing the weather, both in the U.K. and across the world! We will also look at how things change for us, especially moving up to Year 1.
We will also have Coach Dave taking us to develop our PE skills with a range of fantastic activities and Mrs. Court with her infectious enthusiasm for our music sessions.
|Autumn Term 1||Autumn Term 2||Spring Term 1||Spring Term 2||Summer Term 1||Summer Term 2|
|Theme||Changes||People that help us||Building a home||Exploring nature||The Lighthouse Keeper||Under and over the sea|
|RE||Baptism and Belonging||Christian symbols/Christmas||Love and Forgiveness/Who were the friends of Jesus – People who met Jesus||Easter perspective||Church as a place of worship||Creation|
|Science||Seasonal Changes||Humans-parts of the body.||Everyday materials||Plants and their basic structure||Lights||Sound|
|Art & DT||Textiles||Drawing||3D models||Collage||Painting||Printing|
|ICT||E-safety||Creating text and pictures/coding||Handling data||Creating sound/coding||Modelling||Creating multimedia, graphics and animation|
|P.E.||Games or Gymnastics||Games or Gymnastics||Dance or Games||Dance or Games||Athletics||Athletics|
Year 1 – Term Curriculum Newsletter
For a more detailed view of the Year 1 curriculum coverage please download the following PDF documents:
- Year 1 Curriculum newsletter Summer 2 2017
- Year 1 Curriculum newsletter Summer 1 2017
- Year 1 Curriculum newsletter Spring 2 2017
- Year 1 Curriculum newsletter Spring 1 2017
- Year 1 – Curriculum newsletter Autumn 2 2016
- Year 1 – National Curriculum 2014 Planning Document
- Year 1 – English Glossary
- Year 1 – Spelling Appendix
- Year 1 – Vocabulary Grammar Punctuation
- Year 1 – Phonics Information
General Class Information
- Homework Diaries: Please ensure reading diaries are commented in.
- P.E: Will be every Tuesday and Friday. Please make sure you have your PE Kit.
- Drinks: Please make sure you child has a water bottle for drinking during the day.
- Coats: Please bring your coats and boots for outdoor play in the winter months.
|Spelling||–||–||Spelling test||–||Spellings set|
|Handwriting||Home work due in||–||Homework sent home||–||–|
|Reading||Book changing Group 1||Book changing Group 2||Book changing Group 1||Book changing Group 2||–|
|Numeracy||–||Workbook due in||–||Workbook sent home||–|