NEWSLETTER SEPT 16TH 2016
Posted by: Debbie Rutter on September 19, 2016 at 10:45 am
BEHAVIOUR SYSTEMS- PARENTS/CARERS MEETING
Mr. Haslam would like to invite parents/carers to a consultation meeting on Tuesday 20th September at 2pm- 3pm. Please join us, as we value your opinion.
The ‘Young Voices Team’ have asked us for our final choir numbers for the concert next February. A letter has been emailed out to parents/carers in Year 4, 5 and 6. Please return the letter if you would like your child to attend. After the deadline of 23rd September, we will not be able to add additional numbers to the choir. Thank you.
MAD SCIENCE ASSEMBLY
On Monday 19th September, ‘Mad Science’ will be presenting an exciting assembly to all the children. Following this, the children will bring home a letter. If you wish your child to participate, please return the letter as soon as possible.
Individual and family pictures will be taken, in school, on Thursday 22nd September. If you wish a younger sibling to have their photo taken with their brother or sister (in school) please come to the school hall at 9am. Staff will also be having their picture taken for a staff notice board.
TOUGH MUDDER CHALLENGE
Many thanks to DOLPS (Dads of Lower Peover School) for completing the North West Tough Mudder!
To date, the total raised for our school (on Just Giving and through ParentPay) is: £1170
A fantastic total well done!! Well done also to Freya, Rosie, Johnny and Lydia for completing the Mini Mudder!! The challenge is set for parents and children alike to complete the North West Mudder next year!!
This has been arranged for Wednesday 26th October from 9.30-11.30 or 1.30 -3pm. If you know anyone who is interested in joining Lower Peover Primary School in September 2017 (or before), I would be grateful if you pass on this information.
CLUBS AUTUMN TERM 2016
The teachers will send out letters with permission slips for the children to attend.
- MONDAY: COACH DAVE MULTI SPORTS- FOR ALL CHILDREN
- TUESDAY: COACH DAVE FOOTBALL (FOR ALL CHILDREN)
- WEDNESDAY: NETBALL – MISS DAWSON (YEARS 4,5,6- STARTS WEEK BEGINNING SEPT EMBER 19TH)
- WEDNESDAY: FOOTBALL – MR FERGUSON (YEARS 4,5,6 STARTS WEEK BEGINNING SEPT EMBER 19TH)
- WEDNESDAY: CHOIR FOR THE YOUNG VOICES CONCERT IN FEBRUARY; MRS DEAN/MRS MADDOCK (YEARS 4,5,6 STARTS WEDNESDAY 9TH NOVEMBER)
- WEDNESDAY: MANDARIN – MR THOMAS (KEY STAGE 2 STARTS WEEK BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 19TH)
- THURSDAY: TENNIS AND HOCKEY – COACH DAVE SPORTS (FOR ALL CHILDREN)
- THURSDAY: FOREST SKILLS – MR LEWIS (KEY STAGE 1 CHILDREN STARTS WEEK BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 19TH)
- FRIDAY: MAD SCIENCE – (FOR ALL CHILDREN FROM WEEK BEGINNING OCTOBER 10TH FOR 8 WEEKS)
I have also enquired about the possibility of an after school French club and am awaiting confirmation.
The school cook, Elaine, is always available for parents to discuss any special dietary requirements your child might have. To clarify some concerns, there is a daily vegetarian option available. For example, if the menu is sausage, quorn sausage can be provided, veggie mince can be used in place of the normal mince. If you would like your child to have the vegetarian option, please let Elaine know.
ROALD DAHL DRESSING UP DAY
The children looked wonderful in collective worship this morning. There were quite a range of costumes. A class winner has been chosen and has been provided with a small prize.
Sharon Dean B.A, P.G.C.E, L.T.C.L, N.P.Q.H