School Newsletter – 20th May 16

Posted by: Debbie Rutter on May 20, 2016 at 7:41 am

Newsletter 20th May 16

The newsletter has been sent out a day earlier than normal, as we have a ‘teaching and learning review’ in school, on Friday.  This is an annual process to verify our school judgements. It also supports us in making sure that Lower Peover is the best place it can be! The review involves the pupils, all staff, senior leaders and the Governors. Please can I encourage you to ensure your child is in school promptly on Friday- thank you.

The Queen’s Celebration

To celebrate the Queen’s birthday, we have decided on the following activities for Friday 10th June 2016:

1. The children can wear their own clothes on Friday 10th June, the theme is ‘red, white and blue’.
  2. During the afternoon we will provide the children with a treat.
  3. We ask the children to design a poster (for a competition) related to the Queen. Please bring the poster into school for this date. There will one prize per class.

The Great Manchester Run

Mrs. Perry (Year 6) is running in the above event this weekend, raising money for ‘The Christie’. If you would like to support her charity, please click on the link to donate some money. Thankyou.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Paula-Perry2?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20160515_57019

Cobbles

Quite a number of parents have been in touch with me regarding the traffic situation at the bottom of ‘The Cobbles’. Thank you to the parents who have emailed Lindsey Whitehead regarding your concerns (including photographic evidence) Lindsey is no longer our PCSO, it is Kelly Mankee. (there was some confusion over the boundaries).If you wish to contact Kelly re your thoughts please email her at  kelly.mankee@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

Kelly has agreed to host a meeting at school on Tuesday 14th June at 6pm.  Please join us.

Mr Bernard Chrimes

Mr Chrimes (Bernie) retires from Lower Peover Primary School today, after 25 years of service. I personally wish to thank him for all the support he has given me during my time here. I am sure you will all join me in wishing him well, as he moves on to pasture new- the first of which is a three-week holiday!

Year 3 Class Assembly

A reminder that the Year 3 class assembly is at 2pm on Thursday 26th May.

Best wishes for a lovely weekend.  Unless our expected foal arrives tonight, I will be spending the weekend on ‘foal watch!’

Sharon Dean 

Head Teacher