News letter – Fund Raising

Posted by: Debbie Rutter on September 9, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Fund Raising

I’m sure that you are all aware of the crisis in Europe and the tragedies that have occurred over the summer as thousands of people have fled from war torn countries in search of safety and a better life for themselves and their families.

One of our parents, Sally Bown, has been moved to act and below is a request from her for our help.

Message from Sally

After the recent tragic images of the refugees fleeing their war torn country and of course the very upsetting image of 3 year old Aylan Kurdi who died along with his mother and brother when their overcrowded boat capsized shortly into their crossing to the Greek islands, I was moved to do something to help.

I have opened up my home as a drop off centre for urgent supplies which are needed to go to Koz and Calais. Whilst the supply of donations have been flooding in, the monetary donations are a little slower. To post these supplies direct to Koz in a Carton which carries 10 pallets of toiletries, tents, sleeping bags, food etc, it will cost £700.

I would be very grateful if the school could support me in raising this money that is desperately needed.

If anyone would like to donate items, there are lists of what’s needed on my Facebook page ‘Refugee Cheshire Collection’.

Kind regards, Sally Bown

After talking to Mrs Dean and the staff at school we would like to help Sally in her endeavor and as such will be holding a non-uniform day on Wednesday 16th September. If you want to make a donation please send it along with your child on that day and we will pass on all proceeds to Sally. Your child may of course come in non-uniform whether you donate or not. Staff will talk to the children about this at an appropriate level in their classes.

Clubs

Below is a list of clubs offered by staff for this term. Letters are being sent by staff members who are running the clubs and will be coming home with children who are interested over the next few days.

Other after school activities such as Mad Science and Coach Dave’s Sports Clubs are also available but are run by outside agencies and letters about these will be sent out as they happen.